With the return to Alert Level 2 we are now open again for face to face appointments. To prevent further transmission of COVID-19 we are continuing to implement increased measures of social distancing, cleaning, and appropriate PPE use to protect and minimise the risk of transmission.
These measures include:
- You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon booking and again before entering the clinic. When you arrive for your appointment can you please remain in your car. We will call you when your Physio is ready to take you straight into the treatment room.
- Our physiotherapists will be working, where able, separated shift patterns to reduce the number of people in clinic at one time.
- We are still able to offer Telehealth video consultations for advice and exercise progressions. Please talk to your physio or speak to our receptionist if you would like to arrange a Telehealth appointment rather than coming into clinic.
- We will contact you prior to your appointment regarding our protocols and procedures to ensure we provide the highest level of care.
Other measures that have been introduced to reduce transmission include:
- Each Physio adheres to Ministry of Health Guidelines on hand washing with minimum 20 second washing with soapy water between clients, with additional hand sanitiser as needed.
- Removal of bed covers and all touched surfaces in rooms are sanitised between patients
- All gym equipment wiped before/after classes.
- Pilates class sizes have been reduced to allow for separation of exercise mats to at least 1.5 meter apart.
- Door handles, EFTPOS machines and other frequently touched communal items are sanitised frequently throughout the day.
In return can we please ask you to:
- Continue to give us at least four hours’ notice of cancellations so we can plan our day.
- Please wait in your car until called and use sanitiser upon arrival and when departing.
- Follow guidelines when washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Bring your own mat and/or towel to use in classes.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
We ask that all patients over 70 years and those with compromised immunity to please discuss the risks/benefits with your physio before booking a face to face appointment.
We at PhysioChoice thank you for your co-operation under these extraordinary circumstances.